Plan@Earth is a Voluntary Organisation based in Kerala, India. We are a non-profitable organisation registered as a Charitable Trust. “Plan @ Earth” has been registered under the Travancore – Cochin Literary Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, XII of 1955 as Register No. ER-313/2009 on 13.05.2009. With the intention of spreading awareness and creating concern about the need to preserve and protect our environment we started operations in the year 2009. Over the years we surged ahead from simply taking awareness classes to offering services in waste management as a means to reduce carbon emissions and thus help mitigate Climate Change. Currently we offer waste management and recycling services in 5 municipalities and 6 panchayaths, catering to nearly 28000 households.
Communities that are conscious and self-reliant in waste management and live by the principles of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
To create awareness and concern in the community about the environment by educating them and implementing proper systems of waste management, streamlining recycling processes and offering sustainable solutions to reducing waste.
- Communication- with target communities about need for waste management, waste segregation at source and Reduce, Reuse, Refuse strategies against disposables
- Know-how about grades of plastic packaging and other discards
- Capacity to mobilise funds from the community
- Logistics Management
- Environment Conservation
- Commitment towards the cause
- Efficiency in execution
- To reduce carbon emissions by offering recycling/upcycling solutions to domestic plastic garbage against existing practices of incineration or landfilling
- To offer eco-friendly alternatives to single use plastic products like carry bags
- To recover raw material from trash as a means of conservation of resources and energy
- To provide gainful employment to marginalised sections of the society
- To corporate with local self governments and offer solutions to waste management to the local population
Awareness Classes to the public about the dangers of improper disposal of waste as a clause of Climate Change, waste segregation at source and need for proper sanitation
Reduce usage of plastic especially single use disposables like straws, carry bags, disposable cups and cutlery by offering eco-friendly substitutes.
Recycling solutions to Paper, Plastic, Glass and Metal
Organise Donation programs for used yet usable clothing and toys
Waste Management by implementing and popularising the various Rs- Reduce, Reuse, Refuse, Repair, Refurbish, Rethink and Recycle
'It's a crime to leave behind our garbage for the generations to come'
'A clean and green environment is the duty and responsibility of everyone'
'Any thing worth doing, is worth doing badly...we badly want to clean up the mess'
'We are all capable of a greater good leading to a better world...it's up to us to do it'
Internal Audit Team
List of Advisory Board Members
Dr Hareesh Ramanathan
Mr Augustine Fernandez
Dr Shobana Michael
Mrs Ranjana Mary Varghese
Dr Nisha K Madhu
Mrs Divya Sreejith